Nonin Medical, Inc. is a rapidly growing international medical device manufacturer that has been designing and distributing high quality medical monitoring devices since 1986. Headquartered in Plymouth, MN, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere.
The Project Manager is responsible for successful completion of complex and concurrent product development projects using corporate and industry standard Project Management processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as project Core Team Leader by planning, leading, monitoring, reporting, and closing projects.
- Ensure projects are executed in compliance with company processes and regulatory requirements.
- Lead cross-functional collaboration to achieve project cost, schedule, quality, and performance goals.
- Collaborate with functional discipline leaders to ensure cross-functional support for projects.
- Facilitate elimination of project obstacles identified by project Core Team Members.
- Represent project teams through presentations and deliverables for project Phase Gate Reviews.
- Forecast and monitor staffing and budget for active and planned projects.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of project execution methods and processes.
- Deliver input to Director of Project Management for communication of project status and plans to executives.
Required Education &Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related degree.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience to include 3+ years of project management experience with demonstrated successful outcomes and 3+ years of engineering or product development experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated success in project management for complex and concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and team leadership skills.
- Experience in coordinating cross-disciplinary project teams in a matrix management environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and relationship communication skills.
- Significant experience using project management methods and software tools.
- Business related computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with product development methodologies including Agile.
- Experience leading medical device (Class II or Class III) development projects.
- Experience with Medical Device Directive, ISO 13485, FDA Design Controls, or similar requirements.
- Experience in a regulated industry.
- Skill in summarizing complex information for a variety of audiences.
- Experience utilizing enterprise resource planning (ERP) tools.
- Experience in customer interaction.
- PMP or NPDP certification.
- MBA, Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for 8 hours per day.
- Ability to travel occasionally for work-related assignments.
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.