Nonin Medical, Inc. is a rapidly growing international medical device manufacturer that has been designing and distributing high quality medical monitoring devices since 1986. Headquartered in Plymouth, MN, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for securing new business agreements with revenue forecasted to meet annual quota.
Essential Job Functions:
- Overall accountability for securing new business agreements.
- Interact with prospective customer for the purpose of:
- Marketing and selling Nonin products.
- Evaluating performance and strength of prospect.
- Training customer on Nonin products.
- Negotiating agreements and writing MOU and contracts.
- Sales planning and forecasting.
- Attend tradeshows for the purpose of:
- Evaluate activities, strategies and strengths of the competition.
- Collect other marketing information.
- Evaluate the success and perception of Nonin products.
- Maintain prospect files, including: contact plans and org charts
- Develop and maintain systems for lead generation
- Provide sales input for strategic planning.
- Assist in expense budget preparations for area of responsibility.
- Interface with Engineering and Marketing for new product development.
- Provide input on advertising, literature and promotion materials.
- Recommend pricing programs to remain competitive.
- Interact with Nonin distributors where recommended.
Required Education & Experience:
- 5-7 years experience in medical sales required;
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- International sales or distributor management experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Professional and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to present and sell to all levels of the organization, including executive level.
- Strong computer skills including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and customer databases.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills; high level of business management and facilitation skills; ability to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects involving a variety of resources with defined deadlines/schedules.
- Customer focused; action-oriented; team motivator; self -developing; creative and innovative; problem-solver; ethical with strong values; self-starter; highly organized; works well with all functional levels in the organization.
- Assertive; committed; effective listener; adapts to change; results oriented; decisive; ability to influence others.
- Experience with sales in Sleep, Homecare, EMS, Telehealth, and Respiratory markets.
- Technical experience/education.
- Fluency in a second language.
- Ability to travel 30-50% of the time
- Sit, stand, and/or walk for 8 hours/day
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.