The Associate Human Resources Generalist is responsible for variety of administration and tasks involving Recruiting/Staffing, HRIS, Training, Orientation, Benefits, Safety, and HR projects. The work involves dealing professionally with highly confidential information and maintaining a customer-focused orientation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in the recruiting/hiring effort for exempt and nonexempt personnel, including posting jobs, schedule and conducting phone screens, and scheduling interviews. Responsible for using applicant tracking system and job boards.
- For the recruiting/hiring process: initiating pre-employment background and reference checks, preparing offer letters, provide internal new hire notifications, process new hire paperwork, enter new hire in E-Verify, etc.
- Coordinate the recruiting process for temporary and contract positions in partnership with outside staffing agencies.
- Maintain HR info systems with accurate personnel data including new hire, organizational changes and terminations and reports.
- Administer training system to initiate training, record training and report on training. Schedule training and follow up on overdue training.
- Host new hire orientation and make updates to the process/presentation as needed.
- Answer employee questions, including benefits questions and refer other questions or concerns to appropriate resource as needed.
- Cross check benefits billing reconcile and resolve discrepancies.
- Actively participate in Well-Being committee and events.
- Coordinate safety committee meetings, action Items and ergonomic assessments.
- Assist with editing human resources communications content including company announcements, presentations, policies, forms, training material and job descriptions etc.
- Maintain and update Intranet (SharePoint).
- Assist HR department with planning and executing employee events.
- Structure, organize, and maintain personnel records to ensure confidentiality and the expedite retrieval.
- Create and maintain latest revisions of human resources forms and maintain latest revisions of human resources policies.
- Maintain building security access maintenance.
- Assist HR team with projects and initiatives.
- Provide primary back up receptionist support for breaks and absences.
Required Education & Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related degree and 1 year of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information; be detail oriented; able to independently research and use critical thinking skills to resolve problems; drive resolution of issues; communicate to all employees at all levels with tact and diplomacy; demonstrate initiative and achieve results; and provide timely follow up to customers; demonstrate a “can do” attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related degree.
- Experience recruiting.
- Experience using an HRIS such as ADP.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for 8 hours/day.
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.