The Buyer is responsible for sourcing and purchasing of materials, goods and services to support all departments of the company. The Buyer purchases raw materials, equipment supplies and services at the most favorable total cost with interests in price, quality, quantity, delivery and other factors. This position requires a good understanding of Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) and analysis of action messages originating from the MRP and other inventory management systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze and respond to MRP driven action messages.
- Generate and maintain purchase orders.
- Negotiate pricing consistent with quality, quantity, and delivery requirements.
- Assist with the evaluation of potential new suppliers.
- Monitor and communicate performance of current suppliers. Assist Quality department initiating any required corrective actions.
- Assist in documentation of vendor performance
- Assist all personnel with vendor quoting and purchase requisitions.
- Manage MRO purchase requisition processing
- Serve as a member of various teams, including the support of new product development projects
- Oral and written correspondence with suppliers, management and other departments.
- Must be able to compare quotes/bids to others and market indexes, when available, to determine fair pricing.
Required Education & Experience:
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of purchasing and negotiating concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of computerized purchasing system.
- Experience using basic business software and other tools such as the internet.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of business law, economics and accounting practices, and basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to be assertive to achieve results.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- APICS Certification (CPIM)
- ISM Certification
- Routine sitting, standing, and walking.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.