The Technical Service Representative is responsible for providing customer support including technical service, investigation, and evaluation via the telephone and e-mail on customer and company owned equipment. This position is also responsible for the entry of customer orders in the ERP system in order to return customer product after service activity. The Technical Service Representative effectively interacts with all company personnel and follows documented policies and procedures as designated by the company's Quality System.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide appropriate clinical application and technical information regarding all products, including providing product descriptions.
- Resolves product issues and conducts troubleshooting and technical services by phone or e-mail for Nonin customers/distributors in a professional and consistent manner.
- Coordinate and respond to the Technical Service department email inbox.
- Receives Technical Service fax and facilitate or respond to customer questions, service requests, and spare parts orders.
- Physically receive in product and disinfect per documented processes.
- Issue Sales Orders, credits and invoices as necessary through the ERP system.
- Collect and process service payment information (credit card, purchase order, or check).
- Liaison between key contracted customers and Nonin Technical Service to coordinate repairs and troubleshooting activity.
- Coordinate custom packaging after service activity is completed for specific customers.
- Manage specific customers that require unique processes such as advanced replacements and loaners.
- Ensures accurate and timely entry of customer orders to return/replace product after Service activity and warranty replacements.
- Coordinate data entry into the Service database throughout the Service repair/troubleshooting activities.
- Monitor distributor and customer account status.
- Assist customers and distributors with troubleshooting and provide RAN when necessary.
- Utilize freight company services such as creating Call Tags and tracking down packages.
- Maintain attention to detail despite frequent interruptions.
- Cover Phones during operating hours.
Required Education & Experience:
- 3+ year’s experience in Technical Service with HS diploma or GED.
- Or equivalent combination of eduction and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to quickly learn and understand technical products.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language in order to effectively communicate with co-workers, customers, or distributors, and to comprehend documents such as operating and procedure manuals, sales and distribution agreements, and letters of credit.
- Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, freight estimates, dimensional weight, invoices, and percentages.
- Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Related experience in the medical device industry.
- Familiarity with ERP System: Microsoft AX
- Excel Spreadsheet expertise.
- Sit/stand/walk for 8 hrs/day and lifting heavy box on occasion
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.