The Physiology Intern will work as part of a fast-paced applied research team to implement and document testing of human subjects for the improvement of physiological parameters in medical devices. We are looking for an energetic, hands-on individual interested in conducting these lab tests.
Location: Plymouth, MN (considering local candidates only)
Position Type: The internship will be for 12 weeks (40 hours/week), approximately June through August 2018.
Essential Job Functions:
- Write technical summaries for clinical and/or engineering reports
- Assist on in-house research device studies by performing detailed testing protocols
- Document findings from testing
Required Education & Experience:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s of Science in biology, physiology, clinical science, biomedical science, pre-medicine or similar.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Sophomore standing or higher.
- Experience in a laboratory or clinical environment or demonstrate significant coursework in human health, clinical science, nursing, or biomedical engineering.
- The ability to work independently, quickly and with high accuracy.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience following laboratory and/or clinical testing protocols.
- Experience with human subjects.
- Course work/experience in one or more of the below areas are preferable: anatomy, physiology, technical communication, biomedical research, biomedical engineering
- Sit and stand 8 hours a day.
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.