The Clinical Marketing Manager position is the business leader in establishing and executing a strategic clinical marketing plan to generate compelling evidence in support of commercial growth.
This role works collaboratively across internal stakeholders (Marketing, Clinical Affairs, Engineering, Corporate Communications) as well as external resources to ensure needed clinical studies are driven to completion and maximum value is derived by driving/developing/fostering influential and meaningful case studies, publications, and presentations of the resulting clinical information. The role requires an ability to maintain a diverse portfolio of strategic clinical relationships, encouraging interest, study, support, and acceptance of Nonin’s technology and products in the market place for existing and potential applications. Develop influential market messaging from the clinical data and drive distillation messages to key stakeholders, such as Corporate Communications and Sales. Build a deep understanding in the clinical application of near-infrared spectroscopy solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaboratively develop a clinical marketing strategy for Nonin’s short- and long-term strategic marketing plans with marketing teams.
- Collaborate with clinical affairs and product management on building an influential medical evidence plan to help clinicians understand, accept and recommend Nonin solutions and technology – including differentiation among brands.
- Create and deliver both scientific and clinical product-related presentations, seminars and educational programs to sales, clinicians, and internal staff ensuring content matches audience need and background.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the clinical application and potential of Nonin’s technologies as well as the underlying physiologic principles in these applications. Lead reviews of new clinical citations related to Nonin’s technology and products.
- Develop the foundational data to support the medical and scientific marketing/product material including promotional pieces, technical sales aids, etc., in conjunction with the marketing communications department.
- Advise on medical and scientific marketing/product material in conjunction with product management and marketing. Provide clinical and customer input to internal teams as it related to the use of our products and positioning with key customer groups.
- Represent Nonin at key events, functions, and forums related to select key customers, accounts, and societies.
- Define and facilitate the initiation, execution, authoring, and publication of select clinical projects, partnering with the clinical affairs group on execution and reporting for Nonin-sponsored studies.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with current and future thought leaders in academic and clinical medicine at the local, regional, national, and international level to support broad business goals (e.g. poster development, white papers, presentations, clinical evidence, market and clinical evaluations). Identify and develop speakers to participate in programs, symposia, and peer-to-peer educational plans.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation and influencing capabilities in the medical professional space and comfort in networking at multiple levels.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and comprehensive understanding of applicable Federal Regulations, Good Clinical Practices, and international standards governing the conduct of clinical studies.
- Present complex aspects of protocol design to key stakeholders, highlighting key risks and benefits to any proposed studies. Demonstrate an ability to identify, leverage and/or mitigate relevant research strategies, strengths and/or weaknesses of studies in order to support the commercial efforts of the company.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of clinical research related experience
- 2+ years of marketing, business development or related experience
- 8+ years overall experience
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven track record of delivering results, high initiative
- Strong organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication, collaboration and negotiation capabilities
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Effective oral and written communication with medical professionals, scientists, peers, and senior management
- Ability to independently set and manage multiple competing priorities while guiding others
- 4+ years of practice in the medical field, such as Nursing, Perfusion, or Emergency Medicine
- Experience managing clinical studies
- Experience with noninvasive monitoring solutions
- Sit/stand 8 hrs/day.
- Ability to travel, including internationally approximately 30% of the time.
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.