The Statistician collaborates with engineers in the design and development of new products and algorithms. Perform data analysis at various stages in the product life cycle. Provide statistical consultation, training and support for the Product Development and Advanced Development teams. Design, plan and execute applied research.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist and/or lead in the analysis of data collected through clinical studies and/or experiments, focusing on sensor development, calibration functions and algorithm development.
- Clinical study planning and data analysis, focusing on the identification and quantification of factors which confound the accuracy of measurements.
- Analyze clinical study data.
- Lead statistical analysis of data.
- Lead in the design and execution of experiments as needed.
- Assist and/or lead a variety of modeling activities as deemed necessary by project needs.
- Serve as an expert in various statistical areas.
- Establish statistical principles and tools for use related to product technologies and development.
- Interact with end users to assist in capturing actionable unmet needs and to refine product concepts.
- Research and review of applicable published literature
- Interpret and present data for non-experts (e.g. business development, clinicians, and marketing).
- Use statistical analysis to guide improvements in new product designs.
- Provide non-statistical support in clinical research as needed.
- Assist in the review of new internal or external concept ideas and or technologies.
Required Education & Experience:
- MS degree in Statistics or Biostatistics and 2-6 years of experience in regulated medical industry or comnmesurate blend of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experienced in the design of experiments.
- Experienced in the analysis and presentation of data.
- Comprehensive knowledge of applied statistical principles and modeling in the design and analysis of clinical trials.
- General knowledge in probability, statistics and stochastic process.
- Proficient in statistical software tools (including SAS and R).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and flexibility in adapting to change
- Demonstrates pursuit of root causes as problem solving strategy.
- Able to travel up to 10%
- Experience in statistics related to algorithm development
- D. in Statistics or Biostatistics
- Sit, stand, and/or walk for 8 hours/day.
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.