The Clinical Application Specialist will provide clinical demonstrations and instruction for use of Nonin products in pre-sale, implementation, and post-sale situations. Demonstrations could be in formal educational settings as well as small-group or individual presentations in patient-care areas throughout a healthcare facility, to gain or increase acceptance of Nonin products and technology. The Clinical Application Specialist role will play a key role in assisting the sales team in the acquisition of new business and the care and maintenance of existing customers.
Location: open to remote, preferably the Midwest or Mid-Atlantic region
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide clinical demonstrations and instruction for use of Nonin products in pre-sale, implementation, and post-sale situations in formal educational as well as small-group or individual presentations in patient-care areas throughout a healthcare facility, EMS provider, Field Military or DME
- Plan, coordinate, and implement clinical evaluations to ensure clinical acceptance of Nonin products and technology.
- Serves as a company liaison supporting customers and internal customers on clinical matters regarding Nonin products and services via phone, email and onsite visits.
- Provide product support to users either in person, or by written or verbal means.
- Works with Marketing to develop and deliver standardized onboarding and training materials for all Nonin products to ensure consistent education of Nonin employees, Independent Representatives and Distribution Partners.
- Develops and disseminates information to Account Managers, Marketing and others regarding feedback and issues related to customer acceptance of Nonin technology and products throughout the sales and customer experience cycle.
- Works with customers to introduce, promote, and increase the usage of Nonin products throughout a customer facility.
- Provide installation, related in-service education, and integration to new clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Partner with Marketing to provide information through formal presentations to Physicians, Allied Health, and Administration customers that detail the clinical and/or financial benefits of Nonin technology as related to the group.
- Evaluate new products or enhancements to Nonin technology to provide information and feedback to the Product Development and Marketing departments.
- Represent Nonin at various trade shows or educational meetings and complete all necessary reports.
- Prepares reports and analysis of activities to the Directors of Sales and/or other Nonin executives.
- Continuously increases knowledge of new developments within the assigned market as well as Nonin products to perform as a subject matter expert.
- Maintain all Certifications and necessary Hospital Vendor Credentialing.
- Participation with case studies and/or clinical research when required.
- Performance of additional duties as assigned to support teams.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree or current Certification in Nursing or Respiratory Therapy.
- 2 years critical care experience as a Registered Nurse Or 3 years as a Respiratory Therapist (ECMO experience a plus).
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrate effective educational and presentation skills in diverse settings from one-on-one to formal large group situations.
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Able to travel domestically overnight to client facilities by auto or aircraft 70-80% of the time, may include occasional international travel
- Advanced MS Office skills to develop effective reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Computer and technological skills to sufficient to learn the integration of Nonin technology with diverse customer monitoring and Electronic Medical Record platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and nonverbal. Attention to details.
- Prior clinical specialist experience for a medical device manufacturer in the critical care environment.
- Clinical experience in adult or pediatric OR, PACU, ECMO or ICU environments.
- Prior experience with Capnography and/or Regional Oximetry.
- Experience in education within the clinical environment
- Knowledge of patient monitoring and Electronic Medical Records.
- Previous clinical sales experience or medical device sales a plus.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for 8 hours/day.
- Ability to travel by car and/or aircraft extensively.
- Ability to lift or move up to 40 Lbs.
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.