The Production Team Lead is responsible for ensuring production assembly cell is actively engaged to meet daily customer demand and production schedule. This position provides effective training to the assembly cell and ensure safety and quality standards are maintained at all times. The Lead will assemble products by using a variety of hand and power tools, fixtures, work instructions and test equipment to perform a series of operations to correctly assemble/test medical devices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with supervisor and other team leads to manage and prioritize staffing assignments to ensure customer demand and the production schedule are met.
- Execute and coordinate employee training to ensure that procedures are followed and meet all quality requirements.
- Use basic problem solving skills to ensure stable operation of the work cell.
- Report problems or concerns with quality, processes, equipment, materials and labor to Production Supervisor.
- Work closely with support staff such as Technicians, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Supervisor, Materials/Warehouse to resolve issues.
- Observe, maintain, coordinate and complete standard work.
- Complete lot acceptance activities for assigned assembly cell.
- Update production metrics and facilitate regular team communication.
- Identify and support continuous improvement efforts with Production Supervisor.
- Sustain and drive lean manufacturing and 5S activities.
- Participate as an active member of the production assembly team and assembles products.
- Follow documented policies and procedures as designated by the company’s Quality System.
- Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures.
- Complete required documentation relating to business or regulatory requirements.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions.
Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma and 2 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work with others collaboratively.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience leading teams or projects strongly desired.
- Medical device manufacturing experience.
- Lean manufacturing and continual process improvement experience.
- Soldering experience strongly desired.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and the ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms length, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision and color vision.
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.