The Electrical Engineering Technician participates in the development and test of new products and the support and maintenance of existing products with direction from engineering staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan and direct the assembly and test of components and prototypes to obtain data for development or to investigate design change proposals for improving product performance.
- Analyze test results and implement modifications or adjustments in order to improve design, testing or manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work semi-independently; Follow Project Engineer direction while displaying positive behavior,
- Prototype, debug and test products using appropriate test equipment.
- Generate CR/COs, test plans & reports, with some supervision/oversight.
- Discuss layout and assembly procedures and problems with Program Manager and/or Project Leader(s) and draw sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Assemble experimental circuitry (breadboard) or complete prototype model.
- Recommend changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Write advanced technical reports and develop charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations.
- Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets and receive verbal instructions regarding work assignments.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
Required Education & Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-4+ yrs of relevant work experience
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
- Self-Starter; Organized; Detail-Oriented; Multi-tasking & Time Management.
- Results-Driven; Initiative; “Can-Do” Attitude; Customer-Focused.
- PCB design experience including schematic capture and board layout.
- Experience using PCB design software (Altium experience is a plus).
- Experience working on microcontroller based systems.
- Knowledge of software used to control test systems such as LabView or Python
- Previous medical device experience.
- Sit/stand/walk 8 hrs/day.
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.