The Electrical Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing product enhancements and developing subsystems or engineering components of major projects. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring appreciable initiative, originality, and ingenuity. Coordinates design activities, reviews and reports design’s progress, and evaluates results.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for design/development activities which may include leading, participating, or supporting:
- Concept, planning, design and execution stages
- Risk assessment
- Pilot Production
- Design reviews
- Manual creation
- Verification & Validation
- Actively participate on cross-functional teams to develop new devices as well as address design issues or maintenance of existing products.
- Participate in technology specific phases of design; investigate interchangeability, replacement, cost factors, and ease of manufacture.
- Responsible for design and development of electrical hardware.
- Create documentation including: Test reports, CO's, Design documents, EDS, IDS, Test Plans and Reports, and statistical analysis.
- Responsible for recording and sharing technical knowledge gained with colleagues.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth analysis of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Coordinate with project team to create and release product requirements, design specifications and design descriptions.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Research design options and perform experiments to determine potential design feasibility or application.
- Work with other departments within the company to optimize production, diagnostics, and repair activities.
- Review product documentation for accuracy including documentation intended for customer use.
- Evaluate, test, and review designs to determine if product will perform according to requirements and specifications.
- Maintain accurate records throughout the development process in order to comply with company and government standards and/or regulations.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Engineering Technology or equivalent technical degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-6 years of relevant engineering experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
- PCB design experience including schematic development, circuit simulation, and board layout.
- Experience using PCB design software (Altium experience is a plus).
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuit design.
- Background in development of microprocessor-controlled hardware.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience participating in cross-functional projects.
- Familiarity with electro-optical components, including LEDs and photodiodes.
- Experience designing flex circuits.
- Experience designing and testing products to meet IEC 60601-1 EMC standards.
- Experience with Medical Device Directive (MDD), ISO 13485, FDA design controls or similar regulatory environment.
- Sit/stand/walk for 8 hours per day
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.