The Procurement Supervisor will successfully lead, develop and manage the Sourcing team to ensure reliable supply of materials that allow product delivery to the customer that meet the design, quality and value defined by customer requirements and corporate objectives. Prioritize workload based on MRP output, planned orders, exception messages and new product development. The Sourcing Supervisor will establish and promote activities and processes in compliance with the company’s Quality System requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- People management: manage direct reports to include interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Lead, promote, and facilitate continuous improvement activities with employees to identify methods to improve product quality, output, and cost
- Aggressively and proactively ensure, manage and oversee the rapid response and successful resolution of Sourcing issues to eliminate potential customer interruption.
- Ensure department procedures and processes are consistently focused on the highest standards of quality, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Report supplier performance including on-time delivery measurements and past due purchase orders. Implement corrective actions where required.
- Collaborate in the development of lean initiatives (KANBAN, 5S, Continuous Improvement, Process Mapping, Kaizen)
- Collaborate with Finanace and Manufacturing Engineering to populate and maintain appropriate ERP data including purchase price information.
- Identify and implement process and procedure changes that improve and simplify Sourcing activities.
- Oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of all department training tools and programs.
- Manage employee training and required documentation to ensure effective training methods that are in compliance with current procedures and quality standards.
- Develop, maintain and report appropriate Sourcing metrics to support department objectives.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years Sourcing experience
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to coach, develop and motivate teams while holding employees accountable for results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to clearly provide work direction, communicate with support staff, to present recommendations and ideas for improvements, and to build consensus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Self-starter, highly organized, complex problem solving, analytical, detail-oriented.
- High standard of integrity and ethics, customer-focused, positive attitude, flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to problem solve and drive continuous improvement
- Proficient with MRP/ERP systems and MS Office applications
- APICS certification, CPIM or CSCP
- ISM certification, CPSM or CPSD
- Medical Device manufacturing experience
- Lean manufacturing and continuous process improvement experience.
- 2 years supervisory/team lead experience
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Sit/stand/walk 8 hrs/day.
- Ability to travel up to 5%.
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.