The Regional Sales Manager, U.S. Hospitals will create and implement effective sales strategies and will actively lead direct sales personnel (Territory Account Managers & Clinical Education Specialists), Key Distributors and Manufacturer Independent Representatives in the achievement of corporate sales objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Actively provide sales leadership to the U.S. Hospital sales team by alignment toward Corporate Objectives and Strategic Initiatives.
- Manage processes required to build and maintain a high performance sales organization to efficiently achieve business objectives, including sales forecast, sales process structure, sales reporting and metrics, budget, compensation programs and incentive plans.
- Manage to meet/exceed monthly quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Ensure effective orientation, training, development and retention of sales team members, distribution partners and sales network.
- Provide supervision through field visits, observations and measurement of results to include performance appraisals and salary reviews.
- Proactively identify changes in healthcare, delivery systems, and competitive pressures and develop/adjust strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Identify and attend clinical meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate.
- Partner with product management to identify, establish and roll out revenue generating marketing campaigns to distributors.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, etc.) to address key business issues and drive opportunities.
- Share market feedback to product marketing management and sales leadership.
- Gain and share market understanding.
- Manage complex contract negotiations with customers, agencies and distributors working with legal counsel as required.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of medical device/capital equipment sales experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Highly motivated to lead others and achieve goals, strong leadership capability, proven success in achieving goals.
- Solid understanding of healthcare and regulatory requirements.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively present information to all levels including management.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Business related computer skills including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Experience managing sales departments of a direct and/or distributor based organization.
- A solid understanding of the patient monitoring market; including trends, technologies, products, and players.
- Experience in negotiations with executive administration levels, i.e., CFO, CIO, CEO, CMO.
- Clinical aptitude in cardiopulmonary, critical care, and cardiovascular surgery medicine.
- Sit/stand 8 hours/day.
- Travel as required, estimated to be 50%
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.