The Sr. Biostatistician provides statistical leadership in all areas of the company. This position will evaulate design of new products and algorthims, partner with the clinical team to design, execute, and report/publish on clinical studies, and will be involved with project design and execution.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as company expert in various statistical areas.
- Establish statistical principles and tools for use throughout the company.
- Evaluate design of new products and algorithms and provide recommendations to Product Development.
- Clinical study planning, execution, reporting and publication.
- Clinical study data analysis and interpretation.
- Provide support for regulatory submissions.
- Interpret and present data for non-experts (e.g. business development, clinicians, and marketing).
- Use statistical analysis to guide improvements in products and new product designs.
- Provide statistical support for analysis of data from a variety of sources.
- Provide non-statistical support in clinical research.
Required Education & Experience:
- Masters degree in Statistics, Biostatistics or relevant
- 5+ years of experience in regulated medical industry.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experienced in the design of experiments.
- Experienced in the analysis and presentation of data.
- Experience with Bayesian statistics.
- Experience with stochastic processes.
- Experience interacting with regulatory bodies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of applied statistical principles and modeling in the design and analysis of clinical trials.
- Knowledgeable in quality systems.
- General knowledge in probability, statistics and stochastic process.
- Proficient in statistical software tools (including SAS and R).
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to travel up to 10%
- Experience in clinical protocol development and clinical study execution.
- Experience in statistics related to Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Sit, stand, and/or walk for 8 hours/day.
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.