As a member of our Sustaining Engineering team, the Electrical Engineer will develop solutions to field issues and design for upgrades for non-invasive medical device mechanical/electromechanical systems. Assignments include remediation of customer-facing quality issues, finding solutions for end-of-life components and upgrading products to meet revised or updated industry standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for activities which may include taking ownership of, leading, or supporting:
- Risk assessment
- Pilot Production
- Design reviews
- Verification & Validation
- Actively participate on, and at times lead cross-functional teams to address design issues and maintenance of existing products.
- Evaluate product non-conformances and recommend resolutions.
- Analyze electromechanical systems or electrical hardware or embedded/pc-based software.
- Generate various test plans, reports, statistical analyses, and other technical documentation.
- Record and share technical knowledge gained with colleagues.
- Works on complex issues where evaluation of situations or data requires an in-depth analysis of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Communicates consistently and clearly with both internal and external contacts to ensure alighnment of work activities with company objectives.
- Research, design and/or remediate options and perform experiments to determine potential feasibility or application.
- Work with other departments within the company to optimize production, diagnostics, and repair activities.
- Review product documentation for accuracy including documentation intended for customer use.
- Evaluate, test, and review product updates to determine if product will perform according to requirements and specifications.
- Maintain accurate records throughout the process in order to comply with company and government standards and/or regulations.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of relevant engineering experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Pro-E and AutoCAD.
- Customer-Focused; Results-Driven; Initiative; “Can-Do” Attitude
- Strong background in development of microprocessor controlled hardware.
- Software development experience in an embedded environment for medical devices.
- Experience with Medical Device Directive (MDD), ISO 13485, FDA design controls or similar regulatory environment.
- Experience designing and testing improvements for conducted and radiated Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC).
- Sit, and/or stand for 8 hours per day
- Examine assemblies and subassemblies using a microscope and other tools.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- On call or after hours support – may be required to support process and design validation efforts during weekends or after work hours.
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.